Life Update | I got the job!


Good afternoon my lovelies, hope you are all keeping well! I'm just hopping on here to let you know... I got the job! As I shared with you all in my last post, since finishing my degree and over the last few months I have been constantly job searching/hunting. To be honest, it hasn't been the easiest of rides and at times I've felt really frustrated and ready to throw the towel in, but many applications and cover letters later, I have finally been offered a job.

Now I won't lie, this is by no means my dream job or exactly related to my degree. But it's a job, it pays, and it means I can finally start planning my next steps and what I need to do in order to reach my goals and the career I finally want to enter. This job might not be the goal, but I'm really looking forward to starting and having a bit more structure to my life, which is something I am craving desperately! It's in retail, which is an industry I have previous work experience in and have done since I was 16, so I know I will enjoy it and it will be something I'm good at. It's also with an awesome company, who I am a huge fan of anyway, so I can't wait to work behind the scenes and learn more about the company as a whole. It's made me realise that sometimes in life, something might happen or fall into place which you didn't expect, maybe you didn't necessarily want it, but you NEED it.It goes without saying as well, that in the current climate and circumstances within the UK, I do feel incredibly lucky to be starting a new job and earning an income as I know so many people right now are struggling. If that is you, then please know I am sending you so much love ❤️. 

I just want to say, to any of you out there who are currently job searching/hunting, I know it's difficult and hard and can be a really dark place. But please know that there are jobs out there, maybe they're not what you want necessarily, but they are there. You have nothing to lose by sending off multiple CV's and cover letters, sending follow-up emails to the recruiter, signing up for all the job websites and alerts. If you want any advice, or maybe want someone to have a read over your application, then please drop me a message or let me know if a 'Tips for Job Applying/Hunting' blog post is something you would like to see? I also have another instalment of 'The University Files' coming on Friday at 5pm so keep your eyes peeled for that! Sending you all lots and lots of virtual hugs ❤️ Lots of love xoxo


 

Comments

  1. Yay! So happy for you. Funny enough, this has similarly been my journey recently too, I had secured a job in retail a few months ago, which is not what I expected to be doing but, it has worked out really well and enabled me to work on myself and create my own blog too, which is something I have always thought about, but lacked confidence with! Keep going lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! This sounds amazing and I'm so happy that you're doing something that you want to do and are excited about! Make sure to let me know when your blog is live and leave the link in the comment section, I can't wait to see it!! You're smashing it girl!!xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts