Welcome to Faith, Trust and Lots of Books


 

Hi my lovelies, my name is Chloe and I am the author behind Faith, Trust and Lots of Books. Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to click on the link and read this post, you will never understand how grateful I am. I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about myself and let you know what I have in store for this blog. 

So... a little bit about me to begin with. Firstly I'm from the UK, and I am 21 years of age. I have recently completed a joint honours English literature and history degree and am now taking a year out to 1) save a little bit of dollar, and 2) figure out what I want to do with my life. Safe to say, I do not have either of those figured out just yet. My original plan was to jump straight into an English literature masters, doing something along the lines of contemporary, American literature and culture, but after endless hours of research and acknowledging the fact I had just endured three long, hard years of study and was slightly overworked, I didn't want to rush into a "panic masters" and get it wrong. 

That brings us to now, and my decision to start Faith, Trust and Lots of Books. I needed to strip back the layers and realise why I chose to do my degree in the first place, and that was because of my long-lasting love for reading. When I think back over the last 20 years, I don't remember a time when I didn't love reading. Some of my earliest memories are of being sat, curled up in my Nan and Grandad's caravan with my head stuck in a book and constantly being referred to as a "bookworm" by my parents. Therefore, my hope for creating this blog (and all of the extra bits and bobs that go along with it) is to create a safe, online space where I can share my love for reading with those of you that share the same passions, and potentially inspired some of you to spend less time scrolling through Instagram (which I think we are all guilty of), and instead become emerged in an amazing story that can take you to a million and one different places, without even having to leave your bed! My hope is for this to become a project, something to keep my mind engaged and active whilst I try to navigate this new, strange chapter of my life - something I am increasingly struggling with and would like to share with you in the hopes it may resonate with you too. As Phoebe Buffay would say from Friends, "I don't even have a pla" let alone a plan! I want to create content that people enjoy and can relate to, including things like book reviews, lifestyle posts, maybe a sprinkle of fashion, and just general chit chat that you can sit and read whilst enjoying a nice cup of coffee (or glass of wine, whatever floats your boat) and some biscuits. 

So... there we go, there's an introduction to the blog and what it is all about. Thank you so much if you took the time to read this post and got to the end of my word vomit, it means more than you know! Please feel free to leave a comment down below or send me an email about what you would like to see from me and any feedback you may have. It would be great if you could click the side bar and follow my social media accounts where I will be regularly uploading about upcoming posts and content. Also, feel free to add me on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/faithtrustandlotsofbooks  (bear with me, it's a work in progress)! 

Hoping you are well and safe, wherever you may be. Lots of love xoxo



Comments

  1. This is amazing!! Cannot wait to see your future content!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts