Christmas Day| Things I'm Grateful for in 2020

 

Merry Christmas my lovelies! I hope you are all having a wonderful day, wherever you may be and however you are celebrating. If today is particularly hard for you, and especially during the current climate we find ourselves in, then I'm sending you so much love and please know that you are not alone. You can always contact me in the comments down below, via email, or via DM on Instagram, I'm always available for a chat ❤️. After this year, and the craziness of it all, we can get swept away in the anger and upset that 2020 has brought us, so today I wanted to take some time out and create a list of all of the things I am grateful for this year. For many, I understand that this is a concept out of reach after this year, but I wanted to remind myself, and maybe some of you reading this post, that we can still be grateful for many things despite this year.

❤️ My Family and Friends & Their Health - This year more than most I think we are all taking our health, and the health of our family and friends, as an absolute blessing. I am lucky this year that I am able to spend Christmas Day with my grandparents (I live in a tier 3 area and they are a part of my Christmas bubble), and that my Grandad who lives alone has been a part of my support bubble for a little while now. So many people have lost loved ones this year, far too many, so I am more grateful than ever for my family and friends this year. 

❤️ My Home - Having a roof over my head with running hot water, food and drink, and a bed to sleep in is another blessing I am incredibly grateful for. Something many of us take for granted, but is a luxury that so many do not have. Feeling safe in my own home is something I will never not be grateful for. 

❤️ Securing a Job During a Pandemic - In a time of economic uncertainty for many, I am so grateful for my job and the financial stability it has provided. If you read my post a couple of months ago, I shared the news with you all that after months of job searching I had finally received an offer. I have been there since and am really happy, I love the job and I've met some really lovely people who have made me feel at home. 

❤️ Access to Free Healthcare - This year more than most, we are all more grateful for the NHS. There are so many countries and places in the world that do not offer the luxury of a free healthcare system, and in the current climate we find ourselves in, it is something we are all relying on more and more. It is something we should never take for granted and that we can support and do our own individual bit to help the NHS be able to function at full capacity. 

❤️ Finishing My Degree - Despite having to move home abruptly before the first lockdown in March and finish my degree there, I am beyond grateful that I was still able to complete my studies and gain my degree. Despite not "officially" graduating this year, I'm hopeful that this will happen in the summer of 2021 so I can celebrate all over again with my family and friends! 

So there we go my loves. I can think of many more but I thought I would keep it short and sweet for Christmas Day. I just want to say a huge thank you for all of the support I have received since starting my blog back in August, I'm having the best time creating content for you all and this little community we have is the best, so thank you! Wishing you all the best for the new year ahead and hope you enjoy the rest of your Christmas celebrations 🎄. Lots of love xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts