My Christmas Bucket List 2020

 

Hey my lovelies, hope you are all well and happy first week of December! I don't know about you but I'm so glad that it's finally December and the official start of the festive season. To kick off the best month of the year, I thought I would share my Christmas 2020 bucket list with you all. Now, this year is very different to other Christmas seasons with no Christmas markets and limited social activity, but I think it's really important, especially this year, to make the most of the little ways in which we can get ready for Christmas and make ourselves feel festive. I hope this post gives you some ideas of how you could get into the festive spirit this Christmas and I would love it if you could leave any of your Christmas activity suggestions in the comments below!

🎄 Decorating the Inside and Outside of Your House - If you're a person who celebrates Christmas, then this is probably nothing new and something you do every year. However, I think this year by making our environments EXTRA Christmassy this can help compensate for some of the festive activities we might be missing out on. If you're currently working from home, then making your working environment nice and cosy will help you get more excited for Christmas. Also, if you can, then I think decorating the outside of your house a little more than you normally would is a great idea this year, as a lot of people might be seeing family and friends outside when it comes to Christmas time. For examples, we've put a real Christmas tree outside our house with some lights on, to hopefully bring a smile to the face of anyone who walks by. 

🎄 Christmas Baking - Now this is one I'll hold up my hands and say I'm not the best at, but this year I'm going to really try to do some Christmas baking. I'm not a lover of cooking or being in the kitchen (and to be honest, I'm pretty shocking at it) but I would love to do some Christmas baking this year with my family whilst blasting out the Christmas tunes. Whether this be cookies, gingerbread men, chocolate cakes or muffins, leave me your suggestions in the comments below about what I should bake during December.

🎄 Making Mulled Wine - Another one I have never tried before. If you are anything like me, then getting your gluhwein at the Christmas market is one of the highlights of the year, and one (if not the only) reason you go, so this year with no markets in sight I'm going to have a go at making my own. I've found this recipe on BBC Good Food which seems great if you want either an alcoholic or non-alcoholic choice, but if you have made it before yourself and have any tips then I would love it if you could get in touch and let me know!

🎄 Christmas Movie Nights - A standard Christmas activity, but one we don't usually have time for in the hustle and bustle of Christmas. I want to make an effort this year to sit down with my loved ones and have a cosy evening watching some of our favourite Christmas movies. Whether this be a standard Christmas film, a Harry Potter marathon, or maybe just your all-time favourite, getting cosy on the sofa with blankets, candles, and your favourite movie snacks sounds like the perfect way to spend a cold December evening to me. 

🎄 Wrapping Christmas Presents - Something we all do every year but one we can spend a little more time on. I'm that weird person who LOVES wrapping Christmas presents. I volunteer to wrap all of my families gifts and go all out with my wrapping paper theme with strings, bows and everything in between. This year, with us all having a little more time on our hands, why don't you sit down with a nice mug of hot chocolate, Christmas film or music on in the background, and get cosy whilst wrapping your Christmas presents. I can't think of anything more festive than wrapping presents by the tree whilst listening to Christmas music.

🎄 Putting Christmas Bedding On - If you don't have Christmas bedding then let me tell you, you're missing out! Whether you put on a brushed cotton tartan set, fluffy teddy bear bedding, or one with your favourite Christmas print on, there is no better way to make your bedroom feel festive at this time of year. I've recently brought a new set from Dunelm that has lots of dogs in Christmas jumpers on! What's not to love? With Primark back open now, it's the perfect place to visit if you fancy some Christmas bedding this year.

🎄 Winter Walks - Honestly, during Lockdown 2.0 the highlight of my week has been going for a cold, wintery walk around my local park with my family. You can either take a warm drink with you, or most parks have their own cafe's offering takeaway drinks and food that you can enjoy whilst on a lovely refreshing walk. During this time of year, and especially at the minute with the majority of places experiencing Tier 2 or 3 restrictions, we can get cabin fever and feel cooped up in our homes. Therefore, making sure you're going for walks to blow those cobwebs away can be a really great way to refresh our minds and enjoy being outside during the festive season. 

So there we go guys, my Christmas 2020 Bucket List! I hope this has inspired you and given you some ideas on how you can embrace the Christmas spirit this year. I know this time of year isn't the easiest for some people, and especially in current circumstances it can seem like there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel, but please know that you are not alone and there are people out there who can help. If you are struggling then please do not hesitate to reach out, send me an email or DM on my Instagram, of even leave a comment down below. We all need to stick together during these times ❤️. Sending you all lots of well wishes and I'll see you next week for another blog post. Lots of love xoxo


              

Comments

Popular Posts