How to Create a 2021 Vision/Moodboard

 

 Hey my lovelies, hope you are well and welcome back to another post. On the blog today I will be talking you through a step-to-step guide on how I created my 2021 vision/moodboard. Now, I am by no means an expert in moodboards, manifesting and affirmations, but this year I am aiming to have a more positive outlook on life by putting positive thoughts and feelings out into the universe in the hopes they will be returned in my day to day life. 

One of my personal aims for this year is to start my day by actively manifesting and meditating, including writing down three things I am grateful for each morning. I think this is a really beautiful and positive way to start the day, and let's face it, that is something we could all use a little more of right now. If you have any tips or tricks for manifesting/meditating/affirmations, including good meditation apps/videos on YouTube, if you could leave them in the comments below or send me a DM on Instagram (@faithtrustandlotsofbooks) I would really appreciate it. So, grab yourselves a cup of coffee and some biscuits whilst I talk you through the step-to step guide on how I created my moodboard for 2021. 

✨Step One - Write It All Down✨

If you haven't done this yet, then I would recommend starting by writing yourself a little list of your goals, manifestations, hopes and dreams for 2021. It does not matter how big or small you feel they are, writing them down can be your first step to achieving them. So, grab your favourite notebook and pen, or open up a new note in your phone, and get those goals down on paper.

✨Step Two - Research✨

Next step is to have a browse on Pinterest, Instagram, Google Images for picture which capture the goals which are on your list. I found it useful to create a board on Pinterest which was dedicated to this, but if you're creating this board on your phone or laptop then simply downloading and saving the images in your camera roll or file on your computer is great. 

✨Step Three - Finding the Right Software✨

Thirdly, find yourself an application/website which works for you and has the right tools to create the moodboard you want. Personally, I used an app/website called 'Canva', which I already use to design my blog logos and images. On Canva, you can search templates, which is really useful as they have one specifically designed for moodboards. By selecting this template, you have access to multiple different themes or the opportunity to create a personalised one by simply adding your own images, which was how I decided to create mine.

✨Step Four - Let's Get Creative✨

Now it is time for the fun bit! It is time to start adding your images to the template and get creative. Obviously, how you design this is all based on personal preference and you can edit/crop/move images across the page of your template. One of the things I love about Canva is that once the images have been added to the template, you can apply filters and edit the brightness, temperature, colour balance etc. of your photos to suit your chosen aesthetic. 

✨Step Five - Adding Text✨

Once you're happy with the placement of your images, you can choose to add headings and subheadings to your board. On Canva you also have the option to choose from an array of different fonts, and by choosing their 'Canva Pro' membership, you have access to their full range of fonts and templates. Even if you choose against this, there are still so many options to choose from and you can see from my board (I do not have Canva Pro) that I have added a title to the middle of my board, and subheading at the bottom to explain what the images represent to me, including my dreams, plans and goals. 



✨Step Six - SAVE, SAVE, SAVE✨

Yay! You have now finished creating your board! Now it's time for possibly the most important step of this process and SAVE your design. This can either be saved to your camera roll or file on your laptop, all depending on where you plan to place your moodboard. 


✨Step Seven - Let's Manifest✨

Time for the final step of this process, which is all about putting these manifestations into action. This is based around deciding where you want to put your moodboard, so you can see your manifestations and goals on a daily basis. For me, I wanted my moodboard somewhere I would see it all of the time, therefore decided to set it as my screensaver on my laptop and home screen on my phone. I spend so much time looking at a screen that at least now, whenever I open my phone or laptop, I am reminded of my hopes and dreams which motivates me to work harder in the hopes of reaching them. I also printed my moodboard off and stuck it in my notebook which I use for all of my planning and admin, therefore each time I open that it instantly puts a smile on my face and makes me feel positive. 


So there we go my lovelies, there's my step-to-step guide for how to create a 2021 vision/moodboard. I hope you guys found this post useful and it has given you some inspiration to create your own board. I know how personal these can be for people, but if you feel comfortable then I would really love it if you could share your creations with me, which you can do via Instagram DM or send me an email to faithtrustandlotsofbooks@gmail.com. Likewise, you can leave me a comment below with one of your goals/aims/desires for 2021. Let me know down below if you would like to give this a go and I'll see you all next week for another blog post. Lots of love xoxo





Comments

Popular Posts