New Year's Day| Resolutions and Christmas 2020 Book Haul

 

Hey my lovelies, Happy New Year! Like many this year, I am grateful for the New Year and am looking forward to (hopefully) a better 2021 🤞🏻. I never normally make New Year's resolutions, but I have a few goals that I would like to achieve this year and thought, by writing them down, I could do a little manifesting. I also want to share with you all the amazing books I received as gifts this Christmas. I was lucky enough to be given some incredible books and so many off of my wishlist so I hope you enjoy seeing those! Sending you all lots of well wishes for the year ahead, and let's get into the resolutions:

Passing My Driving Test 🚗 - This year, I FINALLY want to pass my driving test. Fun fact, but about four years ago, before I moved away to Uni, I took my test and failed. Then moving to Uni and having other expenses meant it wasn't something I could keep up. So now I have finished my degree and am earning some money, it feels like the right time to finally pass my test and start driving. 

Buying My First Car 🚗 - Along with passing my test comes buying a car. I am lucky enough that I have been able to save enough money to buy one, and just before Christmas I went to look at one and it turns out it was perfect! She's a little, beige Fiat 500 (shock) and I am absolutely in love with her! She's now sat on my drive and I'm looking forward to getting some practice in before my test day.

Saving Money 💰- Along with every other year, saving money is always something I am trying to work towards. One day soon I would love to move out and have my own little place so anything I can save towards that is a big help. Feel incredibly lucky that I am in a position where I am earning money and am able to save and I will never take that for granted. 

Travelling 🤞🏻 - Let's be honest, 2020 put a stop to any travelling plans. I was booked and ready to visit at least 4 new countries in 2020, none of which took place. So, if I manage to visit even one new place in 2021, whether that be abroad or in the UK, then I will consider myself very lucky. 

Applying for a Masters 🎓 - My main goal and priority for 2021 is applying for my Masters and working towards my dream career. I have been lucky enough that in my year off so far I have been able to get a job and start saving some money, which was the main reason for my year out, so the next step is applying for that Ma and getting back on the studying train, which I have missed terribly this year!


Christmas 2020 Book Haul:

🎄Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel - Finally I can start reading these masterpieces and I couldn't be happier about it!

🎄Rodham by Curtis Sittenfeld - First on my 2021 #tbr and one I have heard many great things about. Can't wait to share my thoughts on this one with you all.

🎄Ghosts by Dolly Alderton - I have never actually read anything by Dolly Alderton so I am excited to get stuck into this and see what all of the hype is about. 

🎄The Overstory by Richard Powers - Another book I have heard many great things about. The Overstory won the Pulitzer in 2019 so I'm excited to see what it is all about. 

🎄The Testaments by Margaret Atwood - I am a huge Margaret Atwood fan and have both studied and loved The Handmaid's Tale for years, so I can't wait to get stuck into the second instalment of the tales of Gilead!

🎄Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling - I love the Harry Potter stories like most, but am not a supporter of J. K. Rowling after recent beliefs of hers have come to life. So, in saying that, I asked for second hand, pre-loved editions of the original covers, as they are my absolute favourite editions. Glad I can add these to my bookshelf along with the others!

🎄The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead - I have The Underground Railroad by Whitehead waiting to be read on my #tbr shelf so I'm glad I can add this one to my collection. 

So there we go my lovelies, my goals for this year and a Christmas 2020 #bookhaul. I hope you enjoyed today's post and the first of what I hope will be many in 2021. Sending you all lots of New Year's wishes and love for the year ahead. Lots of love xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts